Date: 15th September 2022
Opportunity: Assistant Finance Officer (2)
Accepting Applications: from 15th September – 25th September 2022
galck+ formerly the Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya is the national umbrella body for 18 LGBTQ+-led organizations working to advance the health and human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender non-conforming, and queer people in Kenya.
galck+ is looking for a self-motivated individual to join the secretariat. Reporting to the Executive Coordinator, the Assistant Finance Officer’s role is to support the input of operational transactions into the financial systems; maintain the accounting records; perform appropriate controls and reconciliations; support the production of monthly management reports and reports to external funders; perform periodic accounting processes; and support with the year-end, audits, and related administrative processes.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting and Compliance
- Keep an updated and accurate database of all donor contracts and correspondence with complete documentation i.e., budgets, No-Cost-Extension agreements, and reporting deadlines.
- Assist in preparing donor financial reports and follow-up to ensure timely reporting.
- Assist in preparing Budget vs Actual grant reports for review by the F.O by the 15th of every month.
- Assist in keeping track of all communique relating to donor agreements
- Assist in reviewing sub-grantee financial reports and caring out pre-award assessments
- Keep a copy of all sub-grantee files and records and ensure proper filing and archiving of supporting documentation for each financial report.
- In collaboration with the finance officer, support review and submission of documents to donors when needed.
- Responsible for Retrieval of financial documents and scanning procurement/financial support documents when needed.
- Participate in administrative tasks which include accounting, procurement, and financial reporting.
- Support the finance team in preparation of the project and institutional audits.
- Assist in carrying out physical count and impairment reviews of assets on an annual basis to review the working conditions of the assets.
- Assist in preparing payment requisitions and vouchers when needed.
- Assist in filing payment vouchers and ensuring they are safely stored
- Assist in the compilation of all financial data in the accounting system observing timeliness and accuracy by ensuring that all financial documents are set to the correct budget codes according to the funds requested or budgets.
- Support in inventories, asset tracking, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner.
- Assist the FO in preparing monthly management accounts.
- Assist the FO in ensuring statutory deductions are filed promptly
- Support galck+’s staff in preparation of program and annual budgets
- Ensure the accuracy of reported data, by following internal and donor guidelines
- Keep track of all payments made weekly
- Provide support in all other financial matters.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accountancy, or a related field.
- A certified public accountant with at least CPA level 2
- Strong computer skills in, Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting software
- Detail oriented and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Sensitivity, flexibility, and ability to work effectively with people from diverse identities, cultures and backgrounds.
Terms and conditions:
This position is long-term with compensation that is negotiable and commensurate with the level of experience and expertise.
galck+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
- Your CV
Send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Finance Officer as the subject heading. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.