Department of Health and Services
Position: Clinical Officer
Supervisor: Program Coordinator
Oversight: National/County management teams
MPEG works in partnership with the Ministry of Health to support the implementation of high-quality comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and treatment programs in Kenya for Key populations, specifically in Kiambu, Muranga and Kirinyaga.
The Clinical Officer is responsible for providing client-centred HIV prevention and treatment services in line with national guidelines, client satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
- Provide a full package of preventive services including PrEP for HIV-negative clients.
- Provide full package of care and treatment for HIV-positive clients.
- Follow up on PLHIV.
- Tracking and documentation of VL.
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their partner
- Ensure integration of HIV services in OPD, MCH, inpatient and other outpatient clinics.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient-level outcomes.
- Assist training of health providers in key population-friendly services.
- Participation and contribution to the capacity building of clinical and other staff through mentorship, sensitization and updates.
- Ensure complete documentation in various HIV care-related tools as recommended.
- Provide regular feedback to care staff/ facility management on work-related concerns.
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery.
- Certificate in adherence and treatment.
- Current licence as registered Clinical Officer.
- At least 5 years of work experience in HIV care.
- Experience working in key population programming.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the MPEG Program team.
NB: Being conversant with key population indicators/ tools and documentation and quality reporting using national guidelines for national and county health management systems is paramount.
Interested applicants should send a current CV not exceeding 2 pages with contacts of 3 referees by 6th February 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org